When we refer to “Trevor”, we mean Trevor Tech GmbH, a company incorporated in Germany whose registered office address is at Lohmühlenstraße 65, 12435 Berlin, which is the entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information.
Information We Collect And Receive
Trevor may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Datasource by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) may submit Customer Data to Trevor while using the Services. For example, if you run a query against your database using Trevor, Customer Data will be submitted to Trevor in the form of the results of your query.
Other Information. Trevor also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
Datasource and Account Information. To create or update an account or Datasource, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Trevor with an email address, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Trevor (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Trevor logs the features you interact with.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device and location information. We receive information from a third-party about 1. devices accessing the Services including type of device and what operating system is used. Whether some or all of this Other Information is collected often depends on the type of device used and its settings. 2. Location information. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location.
- Third Party Data via Integrations. Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, such as Slack (Slack.com) and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Workspace. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Trevor. For example, if a Slack.com account is connected to Customer's Trevor account, we may receive data about your Slack channels, user names and email addresses of Authorized Users, as well as additional information that Slack has elected to make available to Trevor to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Trevor. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Trevor is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Trevor in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Other Third Party Data. Trevor may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Trevor. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Trevor.
How We Use Information
A quick distinction
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions, such as the EU, differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Trevor is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information.
Customer Data will be used by Trevor in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Datasource, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its own policies to the Services.
Trevor uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Website and business. More specifically, Trevor uses Other Information:
To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Website and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Trevor. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Trevor may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Data Storage and Retention
Trevor stores Customer Data for between 24 and 48 hours for performance reasons, and to protect your database from too much load. It is then permanently deleted.
Customer Data and Other Information are stored on Heroku Postgres or Amazon S3.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Trevor may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Trevor does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
Customer’s Instructions: Trevor will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
Displaying the Services. Example (1): an Authorized User’s email address is displayed next to a query they saved to show who is the creator of the query.
Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. For example, your employer may revoke your access to a Datasource you were previously invited to, at which point you will not be able to see any saved queries you previously created.
Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth at Trevor Subprocessors.
During a Change to Trevor’s Business. If Trevor engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Trevor’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Trevor customer the average numbers of queries run within a typical Datasource.
To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Trevor or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
With Consent. Trevor may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Trevor takes security of data very seriously. Trevor works hard to protect Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please see our Security Practices. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Trevor cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
International Data Transfers
Trevor may transfer Personal Data between the European Union or Switzerland and the US. Transfers originating from the European Union or Switzerland to the US will only be to individuals or organisations that specifically comply with the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. These frameworks were developed to enable companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email [email protected]
Your principal rights under data protection law are (a) the right to access; (b) the right to rectification; (c) the right to erasure; (d) the right to restrict processing; (e) the right to object to processing; (f) the right to data portability; (g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and (h) the right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is (a) consent or (b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
In addition, individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact Customer for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that Trevor’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, the legal basis for processing your information will be in order to fulfil the terms of the services you have requested or our legitimate interests, which are the proper administration of our website and business. Trevor may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Trevor’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to restrict Trevor’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if you believe that we are misusing your information in any way.
If you have any questions, please contact Trevor on [email protected]